As 2016 draws to a close at the blink of an eye, we are putting the final touches to our calendar for 2017.
The tentative schedule for which the team will be attending are the Cha-Am International kite festival in Thailand (11th-12th March) and a kite festival in Da-Nang, Vietnam (5th-11th Jun).
The trip report for the festival in Cha-am is up! You can read it here.
Unfortunately, the Da-Nang festival didn’t happen for us due to scheduling conflicts. However, we made it up with a new festival in Mersing, Johor. You can read about our trip here!
See you there and have a great 2017 ahead!
To our first kite festival of 2016! Here’s a short review of our memories of the Ecopark International Kite Festival in Hung Yen province, Vietnam that was held from the 30th Apr to the 3rd May 2016.
Next up, will the the Miaoli County International Kite Festival in Taiwan in October 2016! The trip write-up is now up here!
Here’s looking forward to 2015, with the following events lined up or what we could plan for.
1) International Super Kite Festival, Goa & Pune, India (24th-26th Jan) – This is the first time the team will set foot in India. You can read about it here
2) Cha-Am International kite festival, Thailand (28th-29th Mar) – We are looking forward to be back for this one. One of the best in the region!
3) Abu Dhabi festival (26th Apr – 2 May) – Just heard about this one. Not much info on it yet. To be confirmed.
If you’d like us to attend your festival, please feel free to drop us an email or on our Facebook page. Looking forward to hear from you!
Year 2014 has started in earnest, with the 1st festival in the region having been completed. We have got a few verbal invites for 2014, with a confirmed invite and another pending the official invitation.
1) Cha-Am International Kite Festival in Thailand (8th-9th Mar) – The team attend this bi-annual festival 2 years ago and we have confirmed our attendance for this year’s event. Seems like the location will be changed to Cha-Am beach this time round. Sun, wind and water is a perfect mix for a kite festival. We’ve attended this event and you can read about it here
2) Vung-Tau International Kite Festival in Vietnam (8th – 12th May) – Confirmed and on! Tickets booked and ready! Our trip write-up is here
3) Miao-Li County International Kite Festival (17th – 21st Oct) – It’s confirmed! The team will be there! Our trip report is up here!
4) Qatar International Kite Festival (October ’14) –
We are in the process of submitting our application. Keeping our fingers crossed since this would be a new location for us. Looking forward to good news! Not gonna happen 😦
As the CY draws to a close, it also represents another year together for the team since Dec 2010. The team made it to 3 festivals this year in Berck-sur-Mer in France, a local fun flying event at the Marina Barrage in Singapore and the Miaoli Country International Kite Festival inTaiwan.
Although the team had not attended that many festivals this year, it would have to be said that 2013 is the most memorable of the short years we had as a team so far. We made it to one of the biggest kite festivals that you can find in the world, Berck-sur-Mer 🙂 . Meeting and flying with new friends in a totally different environment with the biggest crowds we have performed to will always be in our memories to savor.
From a routine perspective, we strive to have a new one every year to keep things fresh for ourselves (and our friends!) as well as to have a range of options for the different conditions that we may encounter. The “New World Symphony” routine was conceived in our 1st year together, with “Ip Man” being the next. It has become one of our most familiar and performed routines. “Sway” was the flavor of 2013 and represents a slightly different take and rhythm on our normal flying style. It is still something that we need to put more time and practice together for. Music for the new 2014 routine has been selected so it’s time to put down some paper work during the off-season 😉
Looking ahead, we’d put up a list of the usual suspects of festivals which we might be attending (Vietnam, Uiseong, Thailand, Bintulu, Singapore). As usual, finances, work and personal commitments would ultimately determine which of the ones we’d be able to make it. Deep within our hearts, there is always an evil urge to be back in Europe one day…and we do hope to hear from the Dieppe organizers in France! *wink*
To all friends around the world, wishing you a happy holiday season!
For the calendar year 2013, we have in mind to attend any one of the following festivals below. Our season schedule will be confirmed once we get further notifications from the festival organizers.
1) Berck-Sur-Mer (13th-21st Apr’13) – Attended! See our festival report here
2) Bintulu (5th Sept ’13) – Open
3) Vung Tau (17th Oct’13) – Postponed till Mar ’14…..or considered cancelled?
4) Taiwan Miao-Li kite festival (19th-20th Oct ’13) – Attended! A short writeup of the festival here
If you’d like us to attend your festival, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Team AirNergy will be participating in this annual event again this year. Last year saw our friend Stephen Hoath of The Flying Squad, coming all the way from UK, attending this event. This year will see dual-line teams Team SSKC DeltaForce from Japan, the winners of the inaugural Asia-Pacific Sport Kite Championship 2012, Team Keop from Malaysia (Azemi and family), quad-line teams Iteam from Indonesia and also Team Twister from Singapore!
We’ll try to wing it as we hadn’t had any practice sessions since Berck due to various commitments. Anyway, come and enjoy the fun!
We had fun there! How about you? Here’s a little report on the event.